About Me

My photo
Yilan, Taiwan
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Father's Day in Taiwan

Today is Father's Day in Taiwan because  the 8th day of the 8th month  ( ) sounds the same as the word for Daddy ( ba ba). The number 8 is ba .  My daughter made me a Father's Day card at school (which she left there), but I am looking forward to seeing what she created. She has got used to giving me her Father's day crafts and gifts.

As for my class of 4 year olds they made a gold trophy for their Dad's that says "World's Best Dad". I also taught them a little song that goes to the tune of Twinkle Twinkle,

Daddy Daddy let me say
I love you in every way
I love you for all you do
I love you for being you
Daddy Daddy let me say
Have a happy Father's Day!


No comments: