About Me

My photo
Yilan, Taiwan
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years Chez Moi

On Sunday's Christmas night wedding feast I decided I would invite people over my apartment on New Years before they set off to their various parties.I wasn't up for a crazy night and I never have more than one party over at a time, except for that surprise 36th b-day party of mine.

I invited co-workers, my friends in Taipei (just in case) and some friends here in Tainan. It was a low turnout, but enough to be cozy. My closes Tainan friends plus 2 co-workers. It was mellow.I had a bottle of red and was up for making Fireflies. I had some finger food, cream cheese and salmon stuffed cherry tomatoes and red onion, blue cheese puff pastry triangles.


There were 8 adults and 6 kids, Z was the only girl. Three of my guests are divorced, one separated, the other announced their upcoming marriage, one has a spouse who lives and works in another city and comes home every other weekend, then there's me. Just call me Sgt. Pepper. It was like the Breakfast Club grews up, the Tainan version. Everyone left and my friend David stayed we watched the countdown on TV. Simple night for I expect a simply wonderful 2012.

No comments: