About Me

My photo
Yilan, Taiwan
I just returned back to the States after 11 years in Taiwan with my daughter. Taiwan is an excellent base for us explore Asia, while living in relative (gun free) safety, while benefiting from a cheap and efficient national health care system. The people are amazing too. I have Taiwanese friendships that are 20 years old and I'm always making new ones! My coworker here in CO is from Taiwan.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thinking about the Transit- Our Singapore Layover

At first I was dreading our long layover in Singapore because I knew we wolud be tired from the previous night's night bus from Tainan to Taoyuan. Then the more I started checking out Changi Airport's website I was getting petty excited about it. I figured we could take a taxi into the city maybe chill at the Botanic Gardens again (we were in Singapore in July). Now I don't think we will leave the airport, except maybe for one of the free tours.

Z is totally stoked about Changi and at night before bed , instead of a beloved story she wants to hear our Sumatra itinerary and specifically our layover in Singapore. She is excited about the kids science room and the gardens, I am excited about the nap room or the transit hotel and getting a shower. I hope we catch up on sleep during our flight so we can catch one of the free tours and enjoy a swim on the rooftop pool. Everything there is pretty affordable which is surprising because Singapore was expensive when we were there.

I cut and pasted from the airports website and converted prices into NT.

Changi Singapore Layover Possibilities:
1. FREE TOUR (2 hours)  Registration timing and operating hours Tour timings

7.00am to 3.15pm, daily (Terminal 2)

7.00am to 3.00pm, daily (Terminal 3) 9.00am, 11.00am, 1.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm

(All tours are conducted in English)

2. Soak up the sun and take a refreshing dip in the rooftop swimming pool (30 mins) SGD $13.91 (327 NT) nett for non-hotel guests. 0700hrs to 2300hrs daily TERMINAL 1

3. Get a new hairdo or manicure (45 mins)

4. Catch a blockbuster movie for FREE at the Movie Theatre (2 hours) (term 2+ 3

5. Rediscover the beauty of nature at one of Changi's themed gardens (15 mins)
Term 1: Cactus Garden, Term 2: Fern Garden and Pond, Orchid Garden

6. Tuck into a hearty meal and chill out at Harry's Bar or Hard Rock Cafe (45 mins)

7. Try out a fish micro-massage therapy at the Fish Spa & Reflexology (30 mins)

8. Refresh with a quick shower (20 mins) SGD $8.56 (211 NT) nett for non-hotel guests., each Terminal

9. Have a go at the FREE Xbox 360 and PlayStation® 3 games at the Entertainment Deck (30 mins)

10. Ambassador Transit Hotel (Budget) single, TV, shared bathroom ($41.20 SGD/988 NT), Napping areas all terminals

No comments: